The Urban Mission Center is seeking a mission minded individual to join our family as the Community Life Coordinator. The CLC is responsible for developing the community life of Temple House, a missional community located in South City, St Louis and comprised of young adults. Key duties include program recruitment, facilitating leadership formation, and cultivating a missional mindset within the Temple House Community.
This is a full-time position that comes with a great benefits package. Starting pay will be up to $19.00 an hour depending on education and experience.
- Recruit new dwellers for Temple Houses.
- Collaborate with UMC Director to develop apprentice schedules and learning opportunities.
- Join the UMC Director in developing a Missional Leadership Curriculum and matrix for Temple House apprentices/dwellers.
- Conduct new dweller/apprentice orientation.
- Submit volunteer paperwork and coordinate Safe From Harm training.
- Establish and maintain communication with dwellers through individual contacts, meetings, and discussions.
- Coordinate the establishment and implementation of housemate agreements
Full Job Description will be provided upon request and/or interview.
Must be willing to adhere to the Salvation Army beliefs and practices. Requires a BA in Christian Ministries or related field and two (2) years’ experience working within leadership or community development programs. Familiar with philosophies, standards, and methods developed by The Salvation Army. Good communication skills. Team player, self-starter and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. Pass the TSA MVR check. Must have or obtain within the 90 day orientation a MO class “E” driver’s license. Must be enthusiastic, friendly, and outgoing. Mentoring experience preferred. Preference given to candidates living in Benton Park West neighborhood, or willingness to relocate.
To apply for this position you can click here or resumes can be sent directly to:
3407 S. Jefferson Ave
St Louis, MO 63118
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.